Does it hurt?
A magic little pill that leaves you feeling NOTHING!...
Conquer your fear of dentists...
Every time you even think about visiting a dentist, you flinch. Even though you clearly need some work done, you put off making the appointment. When you finally do make that appointment, you sit in complete fear and anxiety in the waiting room, hoping for a miracle that somehow you'll be overlooked or magically your appointment will be cancelled.
You are not alone...
Dental fears affect 1 in 4 people. It is a major stumbling block for many people. Individuals that are otherwise clever and rational people suddenly jeopardize their health because of the anxiety and fear built around a trip to the dentist.
There is a solution - Sedation Dentistry
So, what is Sedation Dentistry? Sedation Dentistry is also called Oral Conscious Sedation; you will not be under general anaesthesia. You will simply spend the day under the effect of a mild sedative that allows you to relax and all your anxiety to just melt away.
With today's technology and pharmacology, there's simply no reason to experience pain or anxiety with your trip to the dentist. Dr. Alan Singleton and his team have extensive training and experience with sedation dentistry. In his practice, he uses sedation techniques for two reasons:
- To overcome anxiety associated with a visit to the dentist.
- To include more extensive treatment in less time. Sedation allows for more to be accomplished in just one appointment.
How exactly does Sedation Dentistry work?
When you arrive at our office we will supply you with a little pill. Your fears will vanish into thin air. As an added bonus, many patients say they actually forget their entire experience. The time spent in the dentist chair will feel like mere minutes. Of course, everyone's experience is different.
Not only is Sedation Dentistry pain-free and stress-free, it is extremely safe!
While your treatments are being executed, you will be constantly and closely monitored at all times, with high-tech medical equipment. Additionally, Dr. Singleton and/or one of his experienced dental assistants will be at your side the entire time. There is a good chance, you might not even remember your appointment.
Preparation – before your actual appointment
- 12 hours before your appointment, you are not allowed food or drink (water is the exception).
- The mild sedative will be taken in tablet form just before your appointment. This has a calming and relaxing affect on you.
- Please arrange to have someone drop off and pick you up from your appointment. You will not be able to drive. Our office cannot let you leave without someone to drive you home.
- Your treatment won't begin until you are completely relaxed.
- If you require further sedation, another pill will be made available.
- Not only will someone be with you at all times, your blood pressure and pulse will also be constantly observed.
- Please ensure you have a ‘ride' home following your appointment.
- You will be unable to work for the remainder of the day.
- You will have little or no memory of your treatment.
- Ask for assistance when you require it. Basic common sense should prevail.
Fear Conquered! (by a Sedation Dentist in Penticton, Okanagan B.C.)
With Sedation Dentistry, there is nothing to fear. It's time to take command of your dental health. No more discomfort. No more embarrassment.
|< Prev||Next >|