Right here in the Okanagan
Want guarantees? Go local...
Over the years, at Singleton Dental Implants in Penticton, in the heart of the Okanagan, we’ve worked with many people to provide a permanent solution with implants for their damaged or missing teeth, denture or oral health problems.
We don’t want to say we told you so, but…
Implant dentistry is offered at cut rate prices in many foreign countries—Mexico, Costa Rica, Thailand, Philippines, Argentina, Singapore, India, Poland, China, India, Argentina, as well as several countries in Latin America and the Caribbean—the list goes on. But, and it’s a big BUT, as the old saying goes, ‘you get what you pay for’.
There’s a reason for those horror stories.
Things can go wrong and unfortunately, when you are dealing with people trying to make a quick buck, they often do.
The beach or the dentist? Hmm… which one should I choose?
And yes, it might make some sense if you were planning to visit the area on a holiday, but who wants to spend their precious holidays having dental work done? Hey, we’re a dental office and we’d pick the beach every time!
What could go wrong?
There are a number of questions you should ask yourself before placing your teeth and your oral health (along with the rest of your health) in the hands of a dentist in a foreign country.
- Has the dentist had the same rigorous education as a Canadian dentist?
- Will there be a language barrier?
- Are the materials being used of the same quality as those in Canada?
- Is the dental work guaranteed?,
- Even if it is guaranteed, do I want to take the time or spend the money on another lengthy trip?
- If it’s not guaranteed, and I run into problems, will I end up spending more to rectify the problem, than I would have by having the work done by a dentist in the Okanagan?
- Some treatments require repeat visits or extended recovery time between procedures, and may result in a lengthy trip adding to the cost of the ‘less expensive dentistry’ or the treatment may not be able to be done back to back, so several trips are required.
Aside from the potential health risks associated with foreign dentistry, when the cost of travel, food and accommodation are added up, you may not have saved anything or spend more in the long run.
Should you experience an infection or other problem as a result of implants placed by a dentist in another country, are you going to want to travel for follow-up care? An infection in the mouth is a serious health risk and needs to be addressed immediately.
For any repairs or follow-up care appointments, Dr. Singleton is just a few miles away, right here in the Okanagan.
No long distance phone calls, flights or hotels. Can you say that about your Thailand dentist….?
|< Prev||Next >|